Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where's the Love?

I am feeling very irritated at this moment. I DON'T understand why some people have to make fun of certain politicians (aka: Sarah Palin), people from different backgrounds, or simply others who are different. It urks me that just because one might not support the individual or disagree with their view point, the same people who are preaching to not judge or "treat people how you want to be treated," are the ones who poke fun at that person. If anyone claims to know God personally and truly desires to be like Christ, I don't think that mocking someone or pointing out their weakness to the point of disrespect is very honorable...It definitely detracts from their character. What gives us the right to bring down an individual based off of our own reasoning? NO MATTER how stupid one acts, how many piercings they have, how annoying one's personality might be, or how much one disagrees with the person, we should NEVER put down and disrespect the individual. It is shallow and not effective. I had to get this off my chest because lately I have been noticing it more and more in society and I think some things need to truly change for the better...Let's bring back some character and integrity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Sar!!!