After community group on Wednesday nights, I have been night running over the bridge...This past Wednesday evening, as I was running, I got to thinking about faith. As I was placing each foot in front of the other, I got to thinking that below that level of pavement was a body of water hundreds of feet below me. Everyone that crosses over that bridge each day has faith that they will make it across without the bridge falling through. Subconsciously, people trust all the makings of bridge-the strength of aluminum & steel; the concrete structures that hold the bridge up, the nuts & bolts...Everything that makes a bridge serve its purpose. How can ordinary people, not even think/question the details of how a bridge is made before you cross it? Yet when we look around and see how the waves crash and the sun rises, the birds chirping, & hear the heart of a beating heart, the question still remains for some people, is there a God? If there is, is God personal? The truth is, creation screams there is a creator...Yet some people remain to be faithless and doubt. Although I certainly believe that there is an amazing God who is personal, too many times, I find myself doubting my Creator. However, He is the only One who knows what is best for me. We are truly missing out if we miss the truth that God has stamped his fingerprint on each of us, individually giving us gifts to use for His glory.
In order to have faith, our heart must reach a point of surrender...when we recognize that there is no escaping sin, we recognize our need for a personal savior in our individual hearts. There is an eternal freedom on the other side of the door, but it requires us to raise our hand and knock-a humility that requires a vulnerability. Christ is the doorkeeper. Ask and he'll open. Seek and you'll find. Thanks be to God for his amazing grace that he gives us freely, if we choose to accept it.
No comments:
Post a Comment