He is making all things NEW.
"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." -Isaiah 43:19
I cannot get enough of what this verse paints...A renewed, redeemed picture of restoration. Too often I get stuck in a rut, a rut of "self," a rut in my own needs and the bottom line, what I THINK I deserve-Entitlement. The truth is, I do not deserve anything. On the happiest, most relaxing, exciting day I could imagine, there is still a yearning for a bigger fulfillment. My soul yearns for an everlasting hope that is not found by what I see or touch. Deep in my soul, I often feel lonely, dry, & unsatisfied; this is when I realize that I am looking too much at people, coffee, clothes, music, money, ( & i could go on and on), to make me happy. I am not saying that those material things are all bad, but too often we worship those materials-we desire to gain satisfaction from others, feel a certain feeling, etc to make us feel good about ourselves. I am guilty of this.
"It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." -C.S. Lewis "Weight of Glory"
Time and time again, I am left feeling let down and dissatisfied by the useless "things" I tend to chase after. My conclusion: eternal fulfillment is not found in this physical world. It is found in Christ alone who bore the wrath deserved for each of us. We are free in Jesus. With Christ, I am able to live by the Spirit Himself-Living & leaning on His strength & will, nothing alone I could ever do on my own-With Christ, we have access to the Fruits of the Spirit-Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, Self-Control. When I am a dry wasteland, thirsting for new life, He is my spring of Living Water. He is my drink of the purest of pure. Delightful tasting. Eternal. Refreshing. Water. He grows me, molds me, prunes me. Without Him, I'm nothing. With Him, there's no telling what He can do. Hold on to ETERNAL HOPE IN CHRIST. Press on! Persevere! He is making all things new!
1 comment:
This is SO true! Thanks for reminding me of how easy it is to get distracted from what our focus should be.
Post a Comment