It's hard to believe the last time I wrote, I was about to be leaving for Kolkata, India. AS of today, I have been in the states for over a month since my feet stepped out of the chaotic, disorderly Kolkata airport.
I will write at a later date, my experience and reflections over my 10 day trip to India, however, tonight my mind is drowning in the spiritual reality of a daily battle. A battle for your life. A battle of good and evil. Each day we live, we are either living for good or evil. Whether you like it or not, your life keeps moving and you are either moving forward or backward. You place your faith in one thing or another.
I just got back from meeting with a friend who admitted to me that she is struggling with an obsession of boys-attention, companionship, etc. She wants to feel pursued, desired, etc. After being rejected numerous times, she is believing in false reality (what seems to be true in her mind) that she is never good enough, not pretty enough, "unlucky" with boys. She is asking the question, "What's wrong with me?". In listening and encouraging her, I attempt to affirm her that she is valued, pursued, and loved by the God of the Universe.
I spoke to another girl last week who opened up to me about an eating disorder that she has battled with for awhile. God broke her recently and opened her eyes to His goodness and faithfulness. She is now working through her struggles with the help of Christian community and most of all a growing relationship with God. She can begin to find her value in God and not others.
Oh how lies are thrown at each of us every day; each of us are weak in one area or another, yet the Creator God is able to work in us to overcome these weak areas, and too often, idols that need to be destroyed.
Surrender is necessary. Wave the white flag. Get on your knees and ask God. "I need help".
No comments:
Post a Comment