The reality of what you feel (feelings in general) are not necessarily ultimate reality. You see, this world is tainted by darkness, sin, and since it's tainted, we are not complete. Since we're not complete, we're always yearning for completion. Inside each of us we desire more. More and more, of MORE, to fill us up. To make us happy. Complete. The problem is humanity cannot, no matter how hard we try, escape the constant desire for something bigger than ourself. The deep longing, a yearning for something outside of ourselves. No one is perfect, that is the bottom line. There is a definite and obvious need for something greater and outside this world. Thank the Lord we have a greater hope that has invaded this world. Through Jesus, we are able to be in relation with God the Father, our Creator and Sustainer. This past week I felt I was sinking into despair and hopelessness, loneliness and fear. Who am I to doubt the King? The Very Artist who made me? Oh how desperately I am in need of Jesus daily. Father, pump your eternal hope through my veins that I would be a light for you.
You are my greatest need.
No comments:
Post a Comment