Sunday, July 6, 2008
preparing for the big trip
I am writing this entry as I should be in bed and catch up on sleep. I have had a very busy few weeks as I have packed, moved out of my city apartment, driven home, and just got back from a best friend's wedding that was over the weekend! I have had little time to think about the huge, adventurous journey that is about to begin in just 8 short days! So many things to do in a week, but I can't wait to step on that plane with the next 6 weeks of my life packed up into one bag. Simplicity is key. Knowing that I am traveling with a close college friend, it's exciting to know we will be making these life-long memories together, while experiencing various cultures and meeting new people. I admit, in the beginning, it was a very hard decision for me to make regarding whether or not to go to backpacking, but when I took a step away from my little world of everyday work and the 8-5 schedule, I asked myself "Would I ever have this opportunity again?" While I am young and single, I BETTER take this chance and run with it :) I have the rest of my life to work, right? Basically, if I did not go, I would regret the decision looking back. I am happy to say I feel confident in my decision and can't wait to see what God has in store for Jodi and I's journey through Europe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I predict that you come back married to a handsome Spaniard.
Jon
I'm so glad you are going, Sar! Can't wait to read about all your adventures!!
i agree with Jon! you'll love those Spanish boys ;)
can't wait to hear about all the people you meet!
I will miss our phone calls though!
So excited for you!
Post a Comment