We (humanity) want to feel full. We fill ourselves up with everything we know is available to us. Food, drink, clothes, sex, money. We are in search for our self to feel satisfied, to make ourself feel happy, needed, to have some sort of significance in this crazy, chaotic world.
I want to scream WAKE UP to the world right now. Heck, even TO ME. I hate the fact that we are so consumed with ourself and distracted by "things". I am the first one to admit that I get distracted way too easily...you might say, distracted from what? I get distracted from what my mission on earth is. To love others. To give selfLESSly. I am so full of myself. I am called to be the hands and feet of Jesus. To love God and love others. Thank the Lord for grace and love that he shows me everyday...to remind me that I can't do it on my own strength. The more I seek God, the more he fills me with Himself. He changes my heart from "self" to "Jesus". Oh how I need HIM- He is the source of ALL goodness-light, color, joy, peace. Often times I take trips to the beach when there is no one around to experience God. Yes, going to the beach to experience God, our Creator. To think that the gaze in my eyes and the peace & joy I feel in my heart when I view the crystal-like ocean with dolphins jumping and the waves crashing, is only a GLIMPSE of what I will see & feel when I do meet my Creator. What HOPE.
Daily. I will strive. To live for Him. Eternal Hope.
"Lift up our eyes, You're the Giver of Life...Lift up our eyes, You're the Giver of LIFE!"
-MATT REDMAN (singer/songwriter)
2 comments:
Hey Sarah, I think I understand what you're trying to say...essentially that there are two ways to live: one way that reflects the Kingdom of God and another way which reflects life without that. Did I get that right? The way your point was made was hard for me, as it sounds as if you're saying that 'loving yourself' is a negative thing. I'm curious to know what would you say loving oneself looks like? --Jessica
Hey Jess. I'm not saying that enjoying life and loving yourself is a bad thing. I'm saying that we can easily create idols in our life that get in the way of our relationship with God. We can become so consumed with ourself and miss the bigger picture.
Post a Comment